Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound has disappeared and video playing in Slow Motion

I finsihed editing and was exporting when FCP shut down now when I go back to my edit there is only a few seconds of sound at the beginning and the video plays in slow motion. I need help

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 10:34 PM

13 replies

Apr 27, 2016 11:51 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes I opened the backups. Its the video and sound that has been imported from the Panasonic camera it all worked fine until it crashed now there is no sound and it plays in slow motion you can see from the screen shot above it shows sound waves in some but there is no sound. I even tried to reimport the original video from the camera and its still doing the same thing

Apr 28, 2016 7:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I moved it to trash and then I reinstalled. I have plugged camera in and go to import I can play and have sound and video in the viewer direct from the camera but as soon as I import it goes to slow mo and no sound.

I have imported from this camera before on this computer and edited no problems.

So no change still same problem

I tried to import into Imovie it will import video which plays fine but no sound will import

Sound has disappeared and video playing in Slow Motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.