Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased individual songs but want to purchase entire CD

Good Evening,

I purchased some songs from Beyoncé's "Lemonade" CD, however I would like to purchase the rest of the CD to get the video. Do I have to buy the entire CD even though I purchased some of the songs?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 9:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 7:58 AM in response to Essence10

Hello there, Essence10.

It sounds like you've purchased some of the songs from the "Lemonade" album, in iTunes and now want to complete the album without having to pay the full album price. You should be able to use the Complete My Album feature of iTunes to accomplish just that. The following Knowledge Base article offers up the steps:

About Complete My Album, Complete My Season, and Complete My Bundle

To complete an album, TV season, or app bundle on a Mac or PC:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Go to the iTunes Store.
  3. Depending on what you want to complete, choose Music, TV Shows, or Apps from the upper-left corner.
  4. Under Quick Links on the right side of the window, click Complete My Album, Complete My Season, or Complete My Bundle. Any eligible albums, TV seasons, or app bundles appear.
  5. Select the item that you want to complete. On the item's Buy button, you'll see an adjusted price based on what you’ve already spent.
  6. Click Buy.

To complete an album, TV season, or app bundle on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Depending on what you want to complete, go to the iTunes Store app, iBooks app, or App Store app.
  2. Find the album, season, or bundle that you want to complete. On the item's Buy button, you'll see an adjusted price based on what you’ve already spent.
  3. Click Buy.

You can complete your season, album, or bundle as long as it’s eligible and available in iTunes. The availability of specific Complete My Album, Complete My Season, and Complete My Bundle offers can change without notice.

User uploaded file

More about Complete My Album

Items that apply toward completing your album include:

• A song from an EP.
  • Bonus material, such as a music video, from a qualifying album.
  • A song from a soundtrack, if all the songs from the soundtrack are individually for sale.
  • A song that you accidentally deleted. You can use Complete My Album to download the rest of the album, but the original song you bought won't download.

Items that don't apply toward completing your album include:

• A song from a complete works album (for example, Beethoven: The Complete Symphonies).
  • A song that was part of a Single of the Week or Discovery Download promotion.

If you don't see an album in Complete My Album, but it meets the above criteria, you might own enough songs from the album that the Complete My Album price would be more than the price of a single song.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Apr 29, 2016 10:08 AM in response to Essence10

Hello again, Essence10.

Thanks for the follow up and further clarification on what's occurring with your issue. Since you are seeing the option but are not able to complete your album purchase, I would recommend reporting your issue. The steps for this are outlined in this Knowledge Base article:

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store

To report a problem or request assistance with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store:

1. Visit reportaproblem.apple.com in your browser.
  2. When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password used to initiate the purchase of the item, then click Sign In.
  3. Find the item you're having a problem with, then click Report a Problem next to it.
  4. From the Choose Problem menu, choose the issue you're having.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions. You might be asked to describe the problem in a text field.
  6. Click Submit, and we'll review your problem.

If you use Family Sharing and you have a problem with a shared item, ask the family member who initiated the purchase to report the problem using the steps above.

Kind Regards.

purchased individual songs but want to purchase entire CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.