Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving Yahoo email in Inbox on Iphone

Just this evening the Yahoo email account inbox emptied out and I have not received any messages on the Iphone.

I am still receiving messages in the inbox through Firefox on IMac and on the phone in tne Yahoo Mail app.

-Restarted iphone

-Deleted and re-added the account

Inbox still comes up empty. The other folders populate with email. If I move an email to a folder (from desktop) I can then see it in the Inbox.

But no emails are arriving in the Iphone >Mail >Account inbox.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 10:14 PM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2017 11:56 AM in response to elcpu

I have the same issue with iPhone and iPad And a yahoo account. It is plainly not isolated. A few days ago the inbox emptied itself. I can see the emails using safari to log into my email account and it seems that all the emails are now going into the Spam folder. This folder doesn't exist on my iphone or iPad, hence I/we can't see the emails. Is this a setting in yahoos' system or Apples? I have spent a week looking. Help!

Mark F

Oct 7, 2017 10:27 AM in response to Fred360

I contacted Yahoo through the Yahoo community, it magically started working again. No explanations or reasons. Not sure what happened, but it appears to be on Yahoo! side. If it still isn't working, might want to try contacting them. It is almost impossible to do, but if you post on one of the "not working" threads, they might look into it and help.

Apr 28, 2016 6:49 PM in response to Fred360

Try resetting your Mail Account. First close your Mail App completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Mail preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Mail pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. On the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

I have Yahoo mail and use it in my Mail App. I am not having issues. If the steps above do not resolve it please post any additional details. It is possible that your system may be corrupted and if so you may have to restore the phone.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Apr 28, 2016 6:51 PM in response to Fred360

I contacted Yahoo Mail and Apple Support. In the latter case, I was able to speak to someone who explained that since other Yahoo accounts were still receiving email on the Iphone, and just this one was not, it indicated a problem with a Yahoo iOS server. He said that it looked like not all yahoo accounts were receiving their email. He suggested waiting 24 hours

Yahoo Mail support indicated they reset something on the account and suggested deleting and resetting the account (again) from the Iphone. In this case, after the reinstall of the account the Inbox starting populating and is working back to normal.

Not receiving Yahoo email in Inbox on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.