Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 started restarting with little bar lines displaying before switching off after some days of updating to IOS 9.3.1

Hello,

My iphone 5 started restarting with little bar lines displaying before switching off after some days of updating to IOS 9.3.1. I thought it was an battery issue i replaced the battery by seeing some comments in forum, but now battery meter or battery percentage is not showing properly its stuck with one number and it only changes when its restarted and continue to show the same. When I switched to silent mode it started rebooting again and again very frequently. Kindly help me is it an hardware issue or an software problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 12:18 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 9:50 AM in response to Ajay.vr

Hi Ajay.vr,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

If you're wondering whether your iPhone 5 is showing signs of a hardware issue, you can restore the device as new (if you haven't already done so) using the steps in How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups. If you can't restore using those steps, see the method in If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

After restoring and updating to the latest iOS version, you most likely have a hardware issue if the same symptoms continue.

Best Regards.

My iphone 5 started restarting with little bar lines displaying before switching off after some days of updating to IOS 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.