Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp for Windows 7

In order to install Windows 7 on my second MBA I downloaded the ISO Files for Windows 7 and copied it on a Tigo 250GB hard disk. Using the Boot Camp assistant to participate my HD I clicked on the 1th and 3th option, refer to the ISO files of Windows 7 and I insert a formatted (Tried Ex fat and Dos Fat 32GB USB stick and click continue. He starts to format the disk and copies the Window files but at the end I get the following message from Boot Camp assistant : "Your bootable USB drive could not be created. There is not enough space available on the disk". I also get the message that : Diks not ejected Properly.

After this I tried the same procedure with an SSD of 250GB and I get the same message.s

Any one her whom can tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Apr 27, 2016 11:03 PM

9 replies

May 22, 2016 6:31 AM in response to Tornaduc

1. ISOs can be mixed 32-bit/64-bit. These will not work with Bootcamp Assistant. The correct versions are roughly about 4+GB.

2. Do not use an external USB HDD/SSD. Use a USB2 flash drive. External HDDs cause black screen issues during Windows installation.

3. The USB Flash drive must be 8GB or larger and formatted as MBR/FAT32. Here is an example using El Capitan Disk Utility. Older DU versions have the same capability.

User uploaded file

Boot Camp for Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.