Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to restore backup after iPhone synced to another iTunes.

Hi

My laptop died completely.

I connected my iPhone 6s to another laptop, and received the well know

“iPhone is synced with another iTunes Library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes Library”

After several days of research, the main points were

• I could just restore the backup if I did not like the results
  • My music collection would be decimated
  • I would be to manage my apps from the laptop again

I backed up my iPhone on to the computer, and decided to proceed

Syncing did not enable me to manage my apps from the laptop, and made the phone harder to manage.

I connected my iPhone to restore my backup

But now I CAN'T restore the backup, because as soon as I connected the phone, iTunes backed up.

In the past, itunes provided multiple backups, but now there is one, todays backup.

What can I do? Are the older backup just hidden, or is this just another piece of useful functionality, which has been removed?

Any ideas?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2, MacBook 13" Yosemite 10.10.5

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 12:06 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 10:51 AM in response to kaffkar

kaffkar wrote:

Hi

My laptop died completely.

I connected my iPhone 6s to another laptop, and received the well know

“iPhone is synced with another iTunes Library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes Library”

After several days of research, the main points were

• I could just restore the backup if I did not like the results
  • My music collection would be decimated
  • I would be to manage my apps from the laptop again

I backed up my iPhone on to the computer, and decided to proceed

Syncing did not enable me to manage my apps from the laptop, and made the phone harder to manage.

I connected my iPhone to restore my backup

But now I CAN'T restore the backup, because as soon as I connected the phone, iTunes backed up.

In the past, itunes provided multiple backups, but now there is one, todays backup.

What can I do? Are the older backup just hidden, or is this just another piece of useful functionality, which has been removed?

Any ideas?

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

iTunes only keeps one backup.. so your old backup was replace with the new one.

Not sure why you didn't use icloud to backup your data, since you were using a different computer.

Apr 28, 2016 6:25 PM in response to razmee209

Hi razmee209

Thank you for your response.

It is disappointing that iTunes multiple timestamped backup functionality has been removed.

My iPhone 6S is 64GB was a gift.

I would backup to iCloud, if I could afford it, but I can not.

I live with multiple chronic medical conditions. Medication always has priority and money is tight.

iTunes provides a free method to back up, and even encourages users by providing an encrypted backup including health data.

It is surprising, this functionality is so limited.

Apr 29, 2016 8:37 AM in response to kaffkar

kaffkar wrote:

Hi razmee209

Thank you for your response.

It is disappointing that iTunes multiple timestamped backup functionality has been removed.

My iPhone 6S is 64GB was a gift.

I would backup to iCloud, if I could afford it, but I can not.

I live with multiple chronic medical conditions. Medication always has priority and money is tight.

iTunes provides a free method to back up, and even encourages users by providing an encrypted backup including health data.

It is surprising, this functionality is so limited.

icloud backup is also free up to 5GB of data.

Unable to restore backup after iPhone synced to another iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.