Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monthly cost out of US but with US account

Hi,

I'm not living in the US for some time but my account is still US. Can I somehow avail of the cheaper rates being out of the US or am I stuck with the US rates because of my account being US? FWIW I currently use Spotify and can avail of the cheaper rates by using a non-US card for billing. Thanks for the help...

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 2:55 AM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2016 7:40 PM in response to rick722

I currently use Spotify and can avail of the cheaper rates by using a non-US card for billing. Thanks for the help...

A subscription to Spotify Premium is 30% higher when purchased thru iTunes than when purchased directly from Spotify: $12.99 per month vs $9.99 (in USA terms). The extra 30% presumably covers the commission paid by Spotify to iTunes.

I don't know what Spotify's rules and prices are where you are, but if you are looking for lower prices, the first thing will be to drop the idea of going thru iTunes.

Apr 28, 2016 7:52 PM in response to ed2345

Spotify is as low as $2.99 out of the US and as long as you pay with a non-US card you can get the cheaper subscription rate. I go directly via Spotify I don't even know about the via iTunes option. But I'm thinking to switch to Apple Music because I think it will work better with my Apple watch, but I have the issue that I originally mentioned. Thanks for the reply...

monthly cost out of US but with US account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.