Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theater with Starkey Halo

I had a horrible evening at the theater last night with my Halos I'm testing. The audio was SO loud to me that I had to turn the sound down so then I couldn't hear the dialog. I tried SoundSpace, restaurant setting and everything else. Anybody have any input or ideas????

Also could somebody PLEASE tell me how to post this question just to the Starkey/Halo community instead of just Hearing??? I've tried to find the answer to this but am feeling very stupid!!!!

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:55 AM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2016 6:00 AM in response to karenfromprovidence

Public spaces are loud. Those of us who are hearing impaired may not realize how loud public spaces, and especially movies, can be, until we begin wearing hearing aids.

You will want to check with your audiologist, who can provide a tuned setting for your hearing aids to help with your movie theater experience. There is likely nothing you can do on your own.

Personally, I don't go to theaters any more. Without closed captions, I can't understand dialogue, even with my hearing aids.

Apr 28, 2016 6:10 AM in response to OldGnome

Thanks, OldGnome! I stopped going to theater, too. They actually asked me to come and test their new assisted hearing system BUT didn't tell me I needed aids with a t-coil!!!!!! Since I'm testing the Halos, I figured I would try again. Was just wondering if anybody had a magic wand/cure.

Do I have this posting thing figured out??? I want to be in the Starkey Halo thread. Frustrating!!!

Thanks for your help!

Theater with Starkey Halo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.