Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Star Ratings using an iPod Touch (6th Gen)

I had iPod Classic for all my music which recently died. I have replaced it with an iPod Touch (6th Generation) but it appears that I've lost the ability to Rate my songs as they are playing (used to be able to click the middle button a few times and use the scroll wheel). I created customized smart playlists based on song ratings and if I have to be at my computer to rate all my songs, it would take my forever and probably never get done. I see the 6th generation iPod allows you to favorite (with a heart) songs but I'm now wondering if this is transferred to ITunes in any way. I don't even see any of the ratings given to my songs displayed when the iPod touch is playing. Is the ability to Rate songs on the fly a way of the past?

I had found a temporary fix which was working for about 6 months, but then stopped working. When playing any particular song, I could tap the Track Name and the Rating was displayed. Now, that ability is gone as when I tap the song, the Track opens the Album View which the song bellows to. It seems that the ability to Rate Songs has been lost, again. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2017 1:00 AM

The linked article basically says: While the song is playing, tap the artwork, and then you can assign a rating.

This might work on iPhones, but it does absolutely nothing on the iPod Touch. Tap the artwork, nothing happens.

This is on IOS 10.3.1.

Is there no way to see or apply star ratings to songs on this device??

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2017 1:00 AM in response to lllaass

The linked article basically says: While the song is playing, tap the artwork, and then you can assign a rating.

This might work on iPhones, but it does absolutely nothing on the iPod Touch. Tap the artwork, nothing happens.

This is on IOS 10.3.1.

Is there no way to see or apply star ratings to songs on this device??

Star Ratings using an iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.