Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File impossible to open anymore

Hi there, Numbers suddently closed while I was working on a sheet, and now I can't open it anymore, because I have to "update" the app, but there is no update available. I still can open my other files though, I tried on my iPhone too, and I tried almost everything including on my Windows computer (via iCloud). Thank you

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:08 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 8:45 AM in response to KunAlex_

Quit Numbers '09 v2.3. Then double-click on that Numbers v3 spreadsheet icon to open the document properly.

Clicking on the red traffic light in the title bar will close the Numbers '09 v2.3, or Numbers v3.6.1 documents, but not quit the applications. If Numbers '09 remains running, it will intercept all attempts to open a Numbers v3.6.1 document by Numbers v3.6.1. When this happens, Numbers '09 v2.3 will protest that you need a newer version, (perhaps even an index.xml file is missing dialog) which is true because Numbers '09 v2.3 cannot open Numbers v3 documents.

File impossible to open anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.