Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yes another questions, this time itunes

I have an mac and an iPod classic, i would like to put some movies on the iPod but cannot get them to sync. All the movies are in MP4 format and can be seen as you can see.

I click the sync button at the button but nothing happens. Now i know i am making a complete pigs ear of this but how........User uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:07 AM

the answer to my own question is, downloaded the free app from iTunes "free mp4 converter" and run that with the preset for iPod and just dragged the converted films into the movies folder of my device.

2 replies

Apr 28, 2016 6:51 PM in response to hawkeyefxr

i would like to put some movies on the iPod but cannot get them to sync.

The screenshot only shows one movie (not "movies"). Are you saying there should be more movies listed there? Or is this the ONE movie you want to sync, and it does not?

If it's the later, show this movie in your iTunes Movies library. Do a right-click Get Info on it, to show its Info window. Go to the File tab and find dimensions. What does it say there? That's the screen resolution of this video. The maximum resolution supported on the small screen of iPod classic is 640x480, so if that movie has a higher resolution (for either number), it won't sync to the iPod.

Yes another questions, this time itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.