Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro will not AirPlay to apple TV

My MacBook Pro (Retina late 2013 Running 10.11.4) will not Air Play of late to my Apple TV. I can airplay from other devices (iPhone 6s) but not from my MacBook. There are no network issues (Wifi has been reset and confirmed working properly) but when I attempt to airplay from my computer I get the notification "Could not connect to 'Apple TV'." I've updated the software on my computer as well as gone as far as to update and restore the Apple TV.

I had a variety of random files get corrupted recently on my computer and I'm thinking that perhaps the files necessary to airplay got corrupted too?

If someone could point me towards the files to check and steps to get AirPlay to work again, that would be awesome! Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:57 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 6:10 AM in response to Karanicole110

Just to collect some info:

What version of AppleTV, what software?

Are Mac and ATV both on the same WiFi network?

Do you have only one ATV?

Did you recently update your Mac OS?

I assume you see the ATV in the AirPlay menu on the computer, but the connection then fails.

What are you trying to AirPlay: music, video, screen mirroring?

If mirroring, I know there is some new magic required. We'll need guidance from a Mac user, or you could seach back in this forum.

Apr 28, 2016 3:50 PM in response to Diana.McCall

What version of AppleTV, what software?

Are Mac and ATV both on the same WiFi network?

Do you have only one ATV?

Did you recently update your Mac OS?

I assume you see the ATV in the AirPlay menu on the computer, but the connection then fails.

What are you trying to AirPlay: music, video, screen mirroring?

If mirroring, I know there is some new magic required. We'll need guidance from a Mac user, or you could seach back in this forum.

• AppleTV 3 running 7.2.1
  • Both on same network and high signal strength on both.
  • Only one ATV
  • The error did not start with an update. I have updated since then however attempting to correct the issue.
    I do see ATV in menu and immediately get can not connect message.
  • Specifically I'm attempting mirroring I guess primarily. Selecting airplay from the top menu bar.

MacBook Pro will not AirPlay to apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.