Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My CD music collection on iPod Touch

I am considering purchasing an iPod Touch 128gb to copy/store my music collection - 95% of which is currently downloaded onto my Macbook from my own CD collection

1. As the iPod has iTunes, will this cause any conflict caused by the source of my music collection?

2. Will I be able copy over music to the IPod which has been purchased from Amazon music and downloaded to my Macbook?

Regards,

Mike Brown

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:48 AM

Strictly speaking the iPod does not have iTunes. iTunes application only runs on computers. iTunes on a mobile device is the iTunes Store and you play music with the Music app.

You can sync music from any source as long as they do not use DRM copy protection (most do not now). Commercial movies are a different matter as they tend to be DRM protected.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 5:48 AM in response to ConstanceTilly

Strictly speaking the iPod does not have iTunes. iTunes application only runs on computers. iTunes on a mobile device is the iTunes Store and you play music with the Music app.

You can sync music from any source as long as they do not use DRM copy protection (most do not now). Commercial movies are a different matter as they tend to be DRM protected.

My CD music collection on iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.