Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Cursor Freezes

My mouse cursor keeps freezing up when I open my computer when it's been sleeping. To get it to start moving again, I have to close the computer and then open it back up again. This has been happening for the last couple of days and just started all of a sudden. What's going on and why is this happening? Do I need to take it somewhere to get it looked at? Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.4

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:24 PM

Hi hill8302,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your mouse cursor seems frozen after you wake your Mac from sleep, there are several troubleshooting steps to try first.

I recommend starting with this hardware reset--Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac.

You can find some more details that may help in If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 2:24 PM in response to hill8302

Hi hill8302,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your mouse cursor seems frozen after you wake your Mac from sleep, there are several troubleshooting steps to try first.

I recommend starting with this hardware reset--Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac.

You can find some more details that may help in If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected.

All the best.

Mouse Cursor Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.