Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic not synch in my car anymore...

Hi I have an Ipod classic model MC297C VERSION2.0.4 PC... My car is a Subaru Crosstrek 2015. For at least 6 months my Ipod worked great in the car via USB. I was able to change songs and the volume easily...One day it stoped working... I can see the songs, I can change song but the music wont start... I see the number on the screen, The Ipod get his charge too... But the music stay on 0:00 and not starting... It feels like it is on pause.... I was at the dealer yesterday and the show me (with another I Pod ) that everything in the car works cord included. Anyone got any idea???? The same happened on one of the two docking station (boss) we have at home... One works fine the another one? the sme as the car.... ANY IDEAS????

Thanks a lot!

iPod classic, model MC297C VERSION2.0.4 PC

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 6:43 PM

You may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. Since it worked before, it may have data corruption. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

After the Restore, re-sync your songs, and try it again with the car audio system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 6:43 PM in response to frobert64

You may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. Since it worked before, it may have data corruption. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

After the Restore, re-sync your songs, and try it again with the car audio system.

Ipod Classic not synch in my car anymore...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.