Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost .WAV files in my bin...

I had been working for about 5 hours on a sequence with .WAV files in the timeline (rendered them accordingly) in FCP -->Sequence render Audio, saved project several times. When I came back the next day ALL the .WAV files had disappeared from my scene bin and hence disappeared from the timeline. Should I be converting all audio files to AIFF audio files to prevent future problems? Seems FCP did not like these and then they just vanished, I can't keep having this happen...

iMac Dual Core 2.4GHZ, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 4GB RAM (2) 2000GB GRAID2 Ext. Drives (1) 500GB Ext. Drive, Fin

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 6:19 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2016 8:38 AM in response to Rory Mells

FCP does work with Broadcast WAV files...BWAV. Is that what these were? Even if it didn't like them, FCP doesn't just delete files...that's odd.

That being said...if you have to render anything in the timeline, then something is up and things need to be converted. You should never have to render something you simply drop into the timeline. If you do...then you need to convert it to something FCP works with. SO yes, if you had to render those WAV files just to hear and work with them...you need to convert them. AIFF 48/16 is what you need to choose.

Lost .WAV files in my bin...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.