Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a Time Capsule automatically sync with a Cloud drive?

Me & my colleague share a Time Capsule, which we use as an external hard drive. We save all joint company docs on it. As a back-up, we want the Time Capsule (only, not our individual computers; MacBook Pro) to automatically sync with a Cloud drive as soon as we save a new doc on the Time Capsule. However, we can't seem to find a cloud drive to do this automatically. If there was no external drive, this would be a non-issue, but now there seems to be.

Ideally, one should be able to also pick up a file from the cloud, from say my home computer, make changes to it and then save it in the cloud. It should then also sync down to the Time Capsule so that it is updated downwards.

Is there a solution to all this? If not to the second point, then at least to the first? Can an FTP program solve things if there is no suitable cloud solution?

So very grateful for suggested solutions!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:28 PM

Apple have made no connection between cloud and the TC.

The TC is NOT for storing files as you are doing. It is for Time Machine backup. So apple has made no provision at all to backup files stored on the TC as per a standard NAS.

Ideally, one should be able to also pick up a file from the cloud, from say my home computer, make changes to it and then save it in the cloud. It should then also sync down to the Time Capsule so that it is updated downwards.

Apple iCloud has no ability to save files to the TC.

The software I would recommend is Carbon Copy Cloner.. and use a drive plugged into your Mac to save. It should be then possible to sync that folder to the cloud.. although I do not know the specifics of the icloud methods.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 2:28 PM in response to Nordicus C

Apple have made no connection between cloud and the TC.

The TC is NOT for storing files as you are doing. It is for Time Machine backup. So apple has made no provision at all to backup files stored on the TC as per a standard NAS.

Apple iCloud has no ability to save files to the TC.

The software I would recommend is Carbon Copy Cloner.. and use a drive plugged into your Mac to save. It should be then possible to sync that folder to the cloud.. although I do not know the specifics of the icloud methods.

How to make a Time Capsule automatically sync with a Cloud drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.