Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s ios 9.3.1 battery drain problem

Since the past week i have been facing a lot with my phone. The battery is draining at the rate of 2-3% per minute consistently even with the wifi/mobile data off. No specific app is consuming a lot of battery + its also taking a lot of time to charge. Can anybody help me out here ? Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:04 AM

If you are seeing that much battery drain, and if you check Settings>Battery and are not seeing an app identified as using a large percentage of battery, Then I suggest you make a backup of your device and then restore to factory. After restoring to factory, test the device for a period of time without adding any content back to it. If it appears to be functioning correctly after that, then restore your backup. If the problem returns, then there is corrupt data in your backup. You will have to restore to factory again and then add your individual content back manually, without using your backup.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 7:04 AM in response to Parth1998

If you are seeing that much battery drain, and if you check Settings>Battery and are not seeing an app identified as using a large percentage of battery, Then I suggest you make a backup of your device and then restore to factory. After restoring to factory, test the device for a period of time without adding any content back to it. If it appears to be functioning correctly after that, then restore your backup. If the problem returns, then there is corrupt data in your backup. You will have to restore to factory again and then add your individual content back manually, without using your backup.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone 5s ios 9.3.1 battery drain problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.