Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upgrade to ML from SN. Have copy of ML downgrade?????

I have a copy of the ML upgrade which I used on this computer. Now on another mac have SL and want to use this copy. But it won't work - says it is corrupted. Is there anything I can do about this?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:17 AM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2016 7:29 AM in response to designer_02

Sorry. Just reread my above question and realized that it is not clear. I have a copy of the ML upgrade that I have used before, but now want to use the copy on this mac that currently is in SL 10.6.8. When it gets to the point of "Install", it says that it can't be verified and may be corrupted. Thus, my question of is there anything I can do about this.

Apr 28, 2016 7:53 AM in response to Limnos

Don't think this applies to my situation. I am not downloading from the apple website. I am using a copy I made 1-2 years ago when I downloaded the free upgrade because I was afraid that in the future I might need to use the download again if ever I lost my setup and had to "redo" everything. So now I am in this situation - my mac with SL and wanted to use this copy rather than have to pay for a new download from the app store. And this is a copy of ML, not Mavericks.

Apr 28, 2016 8:29 AM in response to designer_02

designer_02 wrote:

Don't think this applies to my situation. I am not downloading from the apple website. I am using a copy I made 1-2 years ago

I think it does apply. Apple has done something with certificates in the past month or two that mean old copies of installers do not work anymore unless you trick them into doing so or re-download the installer so the certificate is dated correctly. I don't think this is just Mavericks, it is any downloaded installer, I just happen to have a link referring to Mavericks.

Apr 28, 2016 1:06 PM in response to Limnos

I did look into the site by Jonathan Mohar which talked about redating the installer. However, I am not very computer savvy and got lost when I read that I was to drop into Terminal from the installer [Utilities>Terminal] and enter the command to set it to today's date. I know how to get to the Terminal, but it confused me when he stated to do this "from the installer". Don't know exactly what he means. Also, don't know what to do re: running a command. When I open Terminal from the Utilities folder, do I just type in the date comment [such as "date 0428161603"] where the cursor is?

Can't upgrade to ML from SN. Have copy of ML downgrade?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.