Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meter red and then no sound Logic X

Hi there!

Ive got a major problem that is basically costing me days of extra work all the time. I've got two workstations, one laptop and one stationary computer. Ive got the same plugins on both computers. But when working on a Logic X project on my mac and then try to transfer and open that project on my stationary computer Logic X makes a crackeling sound and the output meter on the master goes red and gets stuck in red BUT, theres NO sound. When deleting plugins tracks and so on, to find the source to the problem nothing works. And When I try to open a new project and import everything to that project, the exact same thing happens. Ive payed alot of money for computers, softwares and stuff to be able to work without these kinds of issues. Ofcourse the apple support is nowhere to be found so now I'm turning to you guys. Anyone had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Ive got OS X Mountain Lion on one computer and El Capitain on the other.

Im thankfull for all the help I can get!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:15 AM

4 replies

May 18, 2016 12:53 PM in response to Moortwig

Hello,

I just had a similar problem but without changing computers.

I was working on a song, everything was working fine. I then opened another song, one that I have not worked on for a couple days, playback started and like 5 seconds into the song there was a pop, the sound is gone and the main output meter is stuck all the way up.

Individual channel meters are still moving.

Stopping playback will not make the output meter to reset, it remains on red, muting the main output channel brings it down but if you unmute it, even while stopped, it goes back up.

After stopping I can playback again and the sound comes back for a few seconds and then it goes again.

Any thoughts of what could be happening?

Jun 1, 2016 6:07 AM in response to octopi

Interface is: Apogee symphony

Logic X: 10.0.7

Im actually completely drained by this problem. Its been causing my economy to soon put me on the street, and theres no support for this accept for other users. As soon as I get logic running to the point where Im not bleeding money everyday I will buy Pro Tools cause this is just too much for me...

Help me, please!

Meter red and then no sound Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.