Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export to movie issues with audio click/pop

Hi, Had this problem for a while (not sure if its related to El Capitan upgrade) - but when i export audio to movie in logic x the .mov works perfect apart form a short audio click/glitch/pop always around the 2sec mark. There are a few of us in this studio that are suffering the same problem and we can figure out what it is? We have tried exporting in different formats etc with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!!Thanks

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:01 AM

11 replies

Mar 11, 2017 10:35 AM in response to benfromspace2

Same problem here with Logic Pro X 10.3.1 and El Capitan. However, interestingly, I imported the glitched mov-file to Pro Tools 11 and the glitch wasn't audible either in PT session or in the bounced mov-file I did with PT. So that's one way around this.

Hopefully others of you also have some another DAW in use, I would suppose it doesn't even have to be Pro Tools.

Somebody said that restarting the computer and launching Logic only helped, but for me that didn't work.

They should seriously fix the problem, this is ridiculous...

Apr 8, 2017 2:29 PM in response to kerochan

Hey All,

I was having the same problem, and linked it back to using an external drive. Everything would play from the drive fine in Logic, but then it would have the clicks at 2 seconds in all exports. I ended up just exporting to my desktop instead of the external drive that I was using and everything worked great. Kind of annoying, but an easy enough fix. Hopefully that helps with some of your questions! There might be other issues that that doesn't solve, but it's annoying to have the issue in the first place.

Jun 6, 2016 5:25 AM in response to benfromspace2

This is insanely annoying especially as I'm scoring for a film. I'm also having this issue and need to fix this ASAP. For some reason, my audio was exporting to movie fine until recently, now I get click/pop exactly at that 2 second mark. Strangely, when I watch the movie file on VLC it plays without the pop. Only on QT the pop is there.

Immediate attention would be much appreciated. Also on El Capitan.

Nov 2, 2016 8:18 AM in response to benfromspace2

I have the same problem... I never noticed it before since it only affect playback in quicktime and I usually use preview to check the export. The temporary solution I've figured out is to open the exported movie in Quicktime and re-export it from there. Who knows why that works but it does.

One of many little idiosyncratic issues with Logic that we must endure 😕 ...

Export to movie issues with audio click/pop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.