Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Mail Spam/Outlook 2007

My problem:

Some days ago, I was on a trip and meant to flag a bunch of e-mails as red, but accidentally tagged them as spam. Now, I get all my mail sorted to spam through my iPhone and the desktop client of Outlook 2007.

Trouble shooting steps I've taken:

• I've called and worked with our fine e-mail folks and there's no spam filters being set on the server side.
  • I've deleted all spam rules in Outlook 2007
  • I've turned off the anti-virus e-mail protection
  • I've made all the contacts safe contacts with exemptions

At this point, I'm at a loss and looking for help.

Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 9:04 AM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2016 9:10 AM in response to ManSinha

Thanks for the reply ManSinha, unfortunately I'm not using a Mac desktop, it's a Windows PC. Through the desktop, I have made all those contacts that I previously marked as spam, as "Not Junk" and also deleted the junk sorting rules, to see if that would even allow them through and it was to no avail.

We've also tried resetting my e-mail on the server, but no spam rules have changed. It leads me to believe it's more local to the phone?

Apr 28, 2016 9:44 AM in response to mustardcakes

Not sure it is the phone - but since you are using a PC - here is an experiment if you are willing to try

Delete the email account from the phone

Wait until you get an email from the "spamm'ed" contacts

See what happens to it on the Outlook client on the desktop

That will eliminate any phone influence

If you can do this little test - please let us know what the results are and we can think of next steps

iPhone Mail Spam/Outlook 2007

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.