Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Export to Quick Time Animation Error

I am getting an incredibly frustrating error when attempting to export a Keynote to QT: all build animations are non-existent though transition builds are correct.

I have tried the following steps with the same result as described above:

1. Export a "Self Playing" presentation with "On Click" events at default values for translation and build events.
  2. Export a "Self Playing" presentation with no "On Click" events, i.e. every single animation was and "After …" or a "With …" event with a specified time value.
  3. Make a slideshow recording, then export to QT using Slideshow recoding.

In the past I have successfully used all of the above steps to export to QT with animation and transition builds. But now all of my exports are really weird slideshows in which no text or diagrams appear on my slides until at the time of transition to the next slide – they appear all together (disregarding my carefully selected builds and timings) so that the transition animation can complete successfully. If I play the slideshow everything appears as it should. If I play back the slideshow recording everything appears as it should. This bizarre bug occurs only when I export to QT.

The presentation I am currently attempting to export has no video or audio files embedded (I use iMovie to add additional video or audio). It is a straightforward presentation with text and shapes in that regard.

Hardware: MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012

Keynote: 6.6.1

- - -

I know that I can record a screencast with QT whilst the slideshow recording is playing, but I will take a hit on quality. I would rather not do that, especially as I will process it through iMovie to add audio and possibly lose some video quality on that stage. I'd like to hear only solutions to this export issue if you have any.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2016 6:15 AM

Keynote 6.6.2 released earlier this week has resolved this issue (for now).

1 reply

Keynote Export to Quick Time Animation Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.