Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a pocast file size limit?

I am currently adding my podcasts to iTunes via Souncloud.

There used to be a 50mb cap on the file size. As my podcasts are just under 2 hours long, in order to make them compatible I have to crush the sound quality quite severely.

Does this file size cap still apply? I was told recently it has gone up to 100mb but I can't find any information on this.

Is there a limit to file size vs. mobile download data limit that Apple has in place?

Any information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 8:09 AM in response to Blindboyscomics

I've never been aware of a limit on the episode file size - these files are not hosted or cached by the Store so there's no reason for there to be a limit. Any limitations on downloading are entirely a matter of the individual user's internet connection supplier - subscribers get the files directly from the author's server and Apple are not involved. Playing files in the Store itself involves streaming from the author's server via the Store so only a buffer is involved.

Is there a pocast file size limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.