Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod is not turning on. when i put on charging its showing orange light blinking always.

My Ipod shuffle is not coming up. When i put in on charging it always showing orange light blinking continuously.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 4:32 PM

The blinking light (by itself) does not indicate there's a problem. Blinking light means "Do not disconnect - Eject iPod before disconnecting." It indicates there is a data connection between the shuffle and computer.

Do you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version (including 32-bit or 64-bit)?

My Ipod shuffle is not coming up.

Not sure what that means... Does the shuffle appear in iTunes, when you connect it?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 4:32 PM in response to abhismarty_21

The blinking light (by itself) does not indicate there's a problem. Blinking light means "Do not disconnect - Eject iPod before disconnecting." It indicates there is a data connection between the shuffle and computer.

Do you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version (including 32-bit or 64-bit)?

My Ipod shuffle is not coming up.

Not sure what that means... Does the shuffle appear in iTunes, when you connect it?

Apr 29, 2016 2:12 AM in response to abhismarty_21

The shuffle probably has data corruption, which is why you currently cannot play any songs on it. Since it appears in iTunes, you should do a Restore on the shuffle using iTunes. This erases the shuffle, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If there is no hardware problem, it should work again after doing the Restore and syncing your songs.

Apr 29, 2016 2:15 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Thanks again Kenichi,

I have several times reset my Ipod which brings it to factory settings and then synced it. It is showing that syncing is going on...songs are being saved but result is same. No songs to play when i put my earphone.

Can it be a problem with battery ? or the software version (However I have checked the version on iTunes and it shows that Ipod software is the latest version).

Apr 29, 2016 2:36 AM in response to abhismarty_21

A "reset" for a shuffle is simply turning it OFF for at least 10 seconds, then turning it back ON. If you already did a Restore as described in the linked document, that would resolve any data corruption issue that may exist on the shuffle.

When you turn ON the shuffle (move its power switch from OFF to ON) after it is disconnected from power, does the shuffle's light come on briefly? The light's color indicates battery power level. Green means strong charge (above 25%). Amber means less than 25% remaining. Red means very weak charge, but enough to initially play. If you see NO light, that probably means the battery is worn out and not holding a charge after shuffle is disconnected from power.

Apr 29, 2016 10:21 AM in response to abhismarty_21

Depends on the iPod shuffle model. There are four types ("generations"), as shown in this document

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

The part itself is available on eBay and other online sources. But it's a difficult DIY repair, involving very small components and soldering skills. This web site has repair guides

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPod_Shuffle

If the shuffle is 4th gen, Apple still "services" it. What actually happens (in this case) is you get a replacement unit in exchange, for a fee. According to this document, that fee is $39.

iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support

NOTE: The retail price for a brand new iPod shuffle, with docking cable, new headphones, and one-year warranty is $49.

my ipod is not turning on. when i put on charging its showing orange light blinking always.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.