Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Itunes program won't update. Running windows 10 on lenovo PC

My iTunes Program won't update. Running on windows 10 Lenovo PC.

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:53 AM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2016 12:48 PM in response to rkrause602

A little more information about why it won't update would be helpful. Such as error messages. Without that I can only suggest you look at turingtest2's excellent iTunes For Windows Troubleshooting page at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall. See that section. You can also download just about any iTunes Windows version from that page as well.

Apr 28, 2016 2:05 PM in response to rkrause602

Yes, it will be fine. However if you don't already backup your iTunes library you should start doing so now. This is copied from the user tip.

The uninstall and reinstall process will preserve your iTunes library and any iOS device backups. You should check your preferences after reinstalling to make sure nothing has changed. Ideally you would backup the library and your other important personal documents and data on a regular basis. See the user tip Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a suggested strategy.

In the unlikely event that content is missing from the library following the reinstallation of iTunes, or you see the error message 'The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of iTunes', seeEmpty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

My Itunes program won't update. Running windows 10 on lenovo PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.