Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore My Macintosh HD

Hello Everyone,

Im trying to restore my Macintosh HD. Today from nothing my MacBook Pro don't start. I have a 40 GB Partition and i manage to install there the software a turn on my mac. When i tried to restore my Macintosh HD, using a External Hard Drive to copy the archives says RESTORE FAILURE, Could not Restore / Input Output Error...

somebody can help me?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:36 AM

I/O errors are pretty serious. Generally, it means that there are bad blocks on the drive as it has begun to malfunction and may become inaccessible at any time. Most of the time this is an indication that the hard drive is dying.

It can also mean cabling problems or some other esoteric problem, but for an internal drive it is almost always physical malfunction.

As far as restoring you would need to have that as a Time Machine backup to do that. Do you?

Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 10:36 AM in response to FD1505

I/O errors are pretty serious. Generally, it means that there are bad blocks on the drive as it has begun to malfunction and may become inaccessible at any time. Most of the time this is an indication that the hard drive is dying.

It can also mean cabling problems or some other esoteric problem, but for an internal drive it is almost always physical malfunction.

As far as restoring you would need to have that as a Time Machine backup to do that. Do you?

Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Restore My Macintosh HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.