Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP overheating on web surfing (safari web content 100)

i'm on MacBookPro 15 inch with 16 Gb ram and i7 but my activity monitor show 100. of CPU for safari web content why is that so

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), with thunderbolt ethernet adaptor

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:53 PM

Hi ..

You may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict. It's easy to troubleshoot.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If there are any extensions installed, uninstall one at a time then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 12:53 PM in response to benjahameen

Hi ..

You may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict. It's easy to troubleshoot.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If there are any extensions installed, uninstall one at a time then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

MBP overheating on web surfing (safari web content 100)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.