Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon mp510 scanner doe not work with el capitan software on iMac

hi!

Please advise how i can scan documents with Canon MP510 (printer-scanner-copier) on iMac. I have tried Vuescan in the past, the free trial version, but now i am not able to scan at all as whatever i do scan has a watermark of Vuescan which cannot be deleted unless i buy the full version!!

After upgrading to El Capitan software on iMac i have tried to find relevant drivers so that i can finally find a way to scan, to no avail.

Can someone please suggest something to help me be able to finally scan documents? Its quite frustrating having a device which you are not able to use. This is an outrage Apple!!

Please assist urgently.

thanks,

m87

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), problem with connecting mp510

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 12:46 PM

Contact Canon Support.

User uploaded file

7 replies

Apr 29, 2016 3:29 AM in response to mariakat87

First we are not Apple, this is a user to user community and Apple doesn't post here. Secondly why is a Canon not scanning or your unwillingness to purchase scan software Apple's fault?

Have you tried Image Capture? Canon hasn't updated the drivers for that model for two years so your best bet may be to either force a dfferent models driver to work or purchase Vue Scan.

May 9, 2016 1:49 PM in response to SeaPapp

Hi Mike!

As you and i can both read on the title the attached community refers to apple support community. In previous encounters i had with other persons in the past these were related or worked in Apple. Hence i do not understand the attitude you have. isn't the community supposed to help people that have problems and queries with they apple products or queries related to the products connected to apple products?

if you cannot or do not want to help me this is fine. perhaps a person with a softer manner or patience can help me better.

i have tried everything by now in order for my scanner to work with apple iMac and i do not think that i have to pay anything in order for the scanner in question to work whilst connected to an apple product . This does not have to do with any unwillingness on my part to pay but with a simple denial give more money on something that perfectly works with any other device except apple. Image capture or anything else have not worked by now.

Is here anyone else who can please suggest a better solution?

thanks.

May 9, 2016 2:32 PM in response to mariakat87

The last scanner driver that Canon released for the MP510 was for OS X 10.8. There is a chance that this driver will install and operate on 10.11 so here is a link to the scanner driver. Canon also has a scanning application called MP Navigator that is designed to work with the MP510. Again it was last updated for 10.8 but it still may install and operate so here is a link to MP Navigator.

Note that the scanner driver is a TWAIN driver. It won't work with Image Capture as Apple removed support for TWAIN devices several years ago. So if MP Navigator does not work, then try out Vuescan mentioned earlier. It does cost but it could be cheaper than buying a new device, especially when the printing is still working.

canon mp510 scanner doe not work with el capitan software on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.