Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive folder crashes in finder when I try to open sub folders...

I'm running an older MacBook Air (11-inch, Late 2010) w/ El Capitan fully up to date. Have been using iCloud Drive regularly for awhile but all of a sudden when I try to double click the folders inside of it the folder window crashes and I'm locked out. The rest of the Finder/System seems unaffected. I can select and drag the content out of the finder window to my desktop, and after it copies the data I can then access it, so my data appears intact but I can't seem to reset my drive (including restarts of my laptop, etc...). This issue is isolated to said MacBook Air (other devices access drive just fine). Is their some cache file I can nuke or is there a way to reset the whole drive? Also, I would love to know what caused the drive to go corrupt (if it is)...

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 1:52 PM in response to lingo.j

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Re-launch Finder by restarting the computer and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

iCloud Drive folder crashes in finder when I try to open sub folders...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.