Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I un-sync everything and reset my iPhone 5S,without iTunes

How do I un-sync everything and reset, my iPhone 5S without iTunes?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:35 AM

What are you trying to "unsync"?

if you're looking to essentially reset the phone to factory settings like it was when it was new in the box, Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings

Follow the prompts. If Find my iPhone is enabled, you will need to enter your iCloud password to remove it before the reset can occur. When it restarts, all of your data will be gone and it will no longer be associated to your iCloud account for any iCloud services. The only remaining piece of "information" at that point will be that the phone can still discover your cellular phone number during setup because the SIM is still inserted.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2016 10:35 AM in response to kamberly

What are you trying to "unsync"?

if you're looking to essentially reset the phone to factory settings like it was when it was new in the box, Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings

Follow the prompts. If Find my iPhone is enabled, you will need to enter your iCloud password to remove it before the reset can occur. When it restarts, all of your data will be gone and it will no longer be associated to your iCloud account for any iCloud services. The only remaining piece of "information" at that point will be that the phone can still discover your cellular phone number during setup because the SIM is still inserted.

Apr 28, 2016 11:46 AM in response to kamberly

Thank you for that update, but not having Find My iPhone activated on a device is not a good idea. Not only does this help you track your device in the case of loss or theft, it also activates the Activation Lock feature of the phone that prevents anyone that may find or steal the device from activating it after a restore. Without that on you leave your device vulnerable. Find My Friends is completely different, and is more of a social app.

How do I un-sync everything and reset my iPhone 5S,without iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.