Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5c won't ring inside my house but will in other places

If I am in my house my iphone will not ring. If you call it, the phone shows nothing, and on the phone you're calling from, it either rings 4x then goes to VM or goes directly to VM. Either way, the phone being called doesn't ring, doesn't show a missed call or a VM.

If I am away from home (by at least 1/2 mile) the phone will ring with no problem. It seems to have something to do with proximity to my house. There are 3 other iphones in use in our house & none of the others have this issue.

I have turned the phone all the way off & back on many times and also gotten a new sim card put in, but it keeps happening. Why?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:22 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 11:24 AM in response to atippett4480

Do you have Bluetooth turned on? Is it possible that it is connecting to something there that is intercepting the ring signal, such as a speaker or Bluetooth headset you have powered on but are not using? Do you see a signal on the phone when you are at home? It seems as though you are not connected to the cellular network while you are at home, since you are not seeing any notification either.

My iphone 5c won't ring inside my house but will in other places

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.