Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I followed the steps from apple to restore my iPod touch that my daughter locked herself out of and it did not work. Any suggestions?

I followed the Apple instructions to restore my daughters iPod touch that she locked herself out of because she forgot her password. The restore didn't work and it is still disabled and unable to be accessed. Any further suggestions?

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:33 AM

What happened when you attempted the restore? Did you see an error message? If so, what is the exact text of that message?

7 replies

Apr 28, 2016 12:05 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

No error message, it ran it's update for a while and then just went back to the original box saying if I would like to access the iPod to follow the on screen instructions. There are no on screen instructions and it just says it is disabled and to connect it to iTunes. I started the whole process over again and same thing, it won't restore, update or let me access it and it just returns to the original disabled state?

Apr 28, 2016 12:12 PM in response to T-BoneSac

After you placed the iPod in Recovery mode and connected to your computer did iTunes say it found an iPod I recovery mode?

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

or

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipeto erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

May 2, 2016 10:59 AM in response to lllaass

I am having the same issue. I followed the steps to restore to factory settings. Currently, it is stuck on "To allow access, please respond on your iPad". The only problem is my iPad is disabled from trying to figure out the password so many times. Eventually, it will tell me that because we didn't respond to the iPad, it could not continue the restore.

May 2, 2016 9:26 PM in response to HJGThomas

If you are still being asked for a passcode, then you are not getting the device into Recovery Mode.

Erase your device with iTunes

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.
  4. Once the sync and backup have finished,click Restore [your device].

Get more help

If you can’t force restart or use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support.

I followed the steps from apple to restore my iPod touch that my daughter locked herself out of and it did not work. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.