Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my iphone to itunes, error message says I need a newer version of itunes but it already has the latest software update

Have been trying to connect my iphone to my itunes on my windows computer to put some more songs on but I keep getting a message saying my itunes needs to be updated, both my iphone and itunes have the latest software update so I'm confused about what to do.

iPhone 5c, null

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:45 AM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2016 12:01 PM in response to CarysAmy

At times Windows has a problem identifying updates when doing it directly from iTunes with Windows. Limnos has provided the link to download iTunes, and the correct latest version is 12.3.3. If you have any further difficulty with iTunes and Windows, see this ASC User provided tip sheet. Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates Read through the entire tip before starting any troubleshooting steps.

Apr 28, 2016 12:01 PM in response to CarysAmy

The latest versions of iTunes for Windows 7 or later should be available wherever you are are can be downloaded from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you're running Windows XP or Vista Apple Software Update may fail to download a newer release which includes support for iOS 9, though not Apple Music. Use these direct downloads instead.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any problems installing iTunes, or for direct links to the current or other recent versions.

tt2

Can't connect my iphone to itunes, error message says I need a newer version of itunes but it already has the latest software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.