Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore will not display its content

App Store is signalling me that I have one update to install, however, if I open App Store, it will produce a window but the content won't load, except the menu bar. Clicking on any of the icons does not produce any result. The menu choices will highlight, but other than that, nothing happens. I also tried to log into my account again. The drop-down menu appears, and I can enter the required ID and password, but then that's the end of it. The trusty little cogwheel next to the backwards and forwards arrows just keeps on spinning indefinitely.
I have no other issues with connectivity. Internet browser, iTunes Store and e-mail accounts are working without a hitch.
Also tried to reboot, but no change in App Store's behavior.
What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions are very welcome. Don't know if or how I can (need to) update my OS without App Store.
Thanks for your help.

Tom

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core 16 GB

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 3:57 AM

Disable any ad blockers then try again.

Apps such as Little Snitch, Growl, and MacKeeper, can prevent access to the App Store

Disable anti virus software if installed

Check the firewall in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options

Make sure Gatekeeper is enabled

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy then select the General tab.

Make sure either Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers is selected.

If that area is grayed out, click the padlock icon to proceed.

If none of the above applies, a Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try the App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 3:57 AM in response to Thomas Hofmaenner

Disable any ad blockers then try again.

Apps such as Little Snitch, Growl, and MacKeeper, can prevent access to the App Store

Disable anti virus software if installed

Check the firewall in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options

Make sure Gatekeeper is enabled

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy then select the General tab.

Make sure either Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers is selected.

If that area is grayed out, click the padlock icon to proceed.

If none of the above applies, a Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try the App Store.

AppStore will not display its content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.