Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay does not work

CARPlay came installed on our 2016 VW Jetta and it worked great for both my wife and me on our 6sPluses. First it stopped connecting for my phone. The a week or so later, it stopped connecting on my wife's phone. Help!

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:17 PM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2016 12:42 PM in response to boomr46

I Also just purlchased a 2016 Jetta. CarPlay worked fine for the first couple days then I kept getting a connection error that told me the phone had to be unlocked, which it was. I did a hard re-boot of the phone and then it worked but when using the car later it wouldn't connect again. Another hard re-boot of the phone and it worked again. I've also held the power button in for 15 seconds to reset the radio. Not sure what's going on Why it won't connect. I am using an iPhone 6 plus, with iOS 9 with the latest updates.

Jul 19, 2016 12:53 PM in response to Skyking

I've got CarPlay in a 2017 Hyundai Elantra and have not experienced any issues. Have you checked with VW, since both of the complaints here are from VW owners? Is it possible they have a software update for their vehicles. Apple provides access to CarPlay, but the vehicle manufacturers implement it on their vehicles, so it could be a problem on the VW end.

Carplay does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.