Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete photos from my camera roll after updated to IOS 9.3.1 on iphone 4s, also photo didn't save when taken by camera

Can't delete photos from my camera roll after updated to IOS 9.3.1 on iPhone 4s, also photo didn't save when taken by camera

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:38 PM

16 replies

Sep 23, 2017 3:58 PM in response to MaxKitty

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem! In addition to not being able to take any new photos (I click shutter button and nothing happens - It remains opaque as if I never touched it,) I can't delete any photos, nothing saves to photo album, AND I cannot do the update!

I have an iPhone 5S and it seemed to start all of this after I cancelled the iCloud extra storage charge since I always had 49 GB left & I never used it.

Has anyone had ANY luck on fixing it or figuring out what's causing this??

If this is an attempt at forcing us to upgrade, I'll just switch to the other side and go with a Galaxy..it's ridiculous to think but oh so probable.

/rant

Oct 22, 2017 4:00 PM in response to gabbieroux

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.0.3 & it suddenly stopped taking photos; I can no longer delete photos out of my albums; I can no longer take screenshots; I occasionally get a window that says my phone is virused. This is my first iPhone & it’s only about 6 months old — this is RIDICULOUS. The reason I chose to lay down the money for an iPhone was because I wanted a phone that takes great pictures, it’s WORTHLESS to me as is. Anyone getting help with these issues???

Oct 24, 2017 1:01 AM in response to Faith42115

I searched the internet about my issue & most recommendations are to perform a hard reset on the phone, which puts the phone back to the factory condition as when it was first purchased. Everything saved to the phone since purchase will be lost so they say to perform a backup first. If a virus is causing the issue, they say there is no promise it will be completely deleted from the phone. Ugh.

May 1, 2016 12:42 PM in response to Mhefzi86

The same is happening to me, I've got an iPhone 5c.

If I try to delete photos, I can select them and aparently delet them by clicking on the trash but after they seem to be deleted the OK button doesn't appear, just the CANCEL one and if I click on it nothing happens and if I click on SHARE it sends me to the home screen and when I grt back to PHOTOS they're still there.

Dec 17, 2016 4:03 AM in response to Rysz

I am having the same problem, but the reset didn't work. Any other advice?

Photos crashed about a week ago. All pictures were gone, but slowly started reappearing in my album / camera roll. After this I can't take a picture, delete any pictures and not all the pictures reappeared (not a big deal, I back up regularly).

Can't delete photos from my camera roll after updated to IOS 9.3.1 on iphone 4s, also photo didn't save when taken by camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.