Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook Pro shutdown during boot

Hi I seem to be having a problem with starting up my Macbook Pro 15" late 2011 Core i7 quad 2.4 ghz it just shuts off

in the middle of booting up? I've seen several posts identical to mine with Resetting SMC as a solution to the problem.

I tried to reset my SMC on the macbook to experience the same problem during boot it shuts itself down with no warnings

or possible solutions.. It would be greatly appreciated if someone with some experience with this problem could advise on this

post. Thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 3:33 PM in response to Mc Snapps

The startup drive is failing, or there is some other internal hardware fault.

Back up all data on the drive immediately if you don't already have a current backup. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

macbook Pro shutdown during boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.