Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3.2 - Patch change jumps many patches

hi

I'm getting rather frustrated, trying to get the "Next Patch" to work, using a Footswitch (pedal) from my Midi Keyboard - Kawai MP6 Stage Piano.

I have set the keyboard to send CC32 when using the Footswitch.

I have set, at Concert Level - on the Concert Inspector "Send Program Changes" to None.

The "Next Patch" is also mapped now to A0 on the keyboard, and when I press the key, the patches increment one at a time.

However, when I use the pedal, it jumps multiple patches at a time (more than 3 even).

I have checked the midi monitor - usually 2 commands come when pressing the key; but with the pedal I get 3 (0; 54; 127 or 0;58;127). With the Key i get 89;64 or 97;64...

I can't figure out how to make the pedal only send 2 commands like that?

The pedal is set to "Single Value"; 32 on Layout. It is then assigned in the Concert Mapping to "Next Patch".

Please can someone help? I have a rehearsal in a week, and the poor keyboard player cannot change these patches with a note, they changes are too busy for that, we need the pedal option.

I attach screenshots as well.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Mainstage 3.2.4

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:38 PM

Probably the footswitch. Damper pedal style footswitches throw this extra data all the time.

Get a Boss unlatching footswitch and I'll bet it clears right up.

3 replies

Mainstage 3.2 - Patch change jumps many patches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.