Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to extend my wireless network which uses an Airport EXtreme as a base station. I am using Airport express to extend the network. The Apple utility "sees" the Airprot Extreme, but not the Airport Express which is flashing amber. Help

I am trying to extend my wireless network which uses an Airport EXtreme as a base station. I am using Airport express to extend the network. The Apple utility "sees" the Airport Extreme, but not the Airport Express which is flashing amber. I have reset the Express several times and located it right next to the base station which has a 100% signal strength. What is the problem

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 2:14 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 2:39 PM in response to RHSTILES

If you reset the AirPort Express, then you will need to set it up again. If you have not yet set up the Express, then you will need to do that.

Click the WiFi menu icon at the top of the screen and look for a listing of New AirPort Base Station

Click on AirPort Express to start the setup "wizard"

User uploaded file

or

Open AirPort Utility

Click on Other WiFi Devices

Click on AirPort Express to start the setup wizard

User uploaded file

or, on an iPhone or iPad

Go to the Home screen

Tap Settings

Tap WiFi

Tap on AirPort Express under the listing of Set Up New Base Station

User uploaded file

I am trying to extend my wireless network which uses an Airport EXtreme as a base station. I am using Airport express to extend the network. The Apple utility "sees" the Airprot Extreme, but not the Airport Express which is flashing amber. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.