Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't succeed in activating iMessage on iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.1

after turning it on is says "Waiting for activation..." and after few hours it just say that activation is unsuccessful and that I should turn off and on again . But it doesn't help.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 1:21 PM

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple

Sign out of iCloud

Sign out of Find iPhone

Force restart the device

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sign back in

7 replies

May 14, 2016 10:06 AM in response to ManSinha

So I went to the Expert meeting (in Apple reseller store this is equivalent of Genius I assume) and they took my iphone for a 5 days checkup.

After 5 days they called me to come to take my iPhone saying that they checked everything, even talked with Apple itself, and the problem is only in my sim-card and I should take it (physically, not just by phone assistance) to the carrier.

They also told me that when they put their own sim-card (which was even of the very same local carrier) in my iPhone, the iMessage worked fine but when they switched it again to my sim card it again did not work (everything with their own AppleID so there is no problem regarding AppleID here).

So I took my iPhone I logged in with my AppleID. Suddenly everything worked fine. iMessage and FaceTime (and even the option "Text Message Forwarding" to my MBP worked and a number showed, for the first time.., on my MBP to verify send and receive message from the iPhone).

So, eventually something solved the problem. I don't know exactly what but maybe some "rattling" to the device made it (taking out the sim, putting other sim, putting again the sim, in the process I also changed my AppleID password after giving the iPhone to the reseller.)

can't succeed in activating iMessage on iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.