Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old apple id keeps popping up and preventing me from updating apps dont remember password

Old apple id keeps popping up and i no longer know the password and the email attached to that apple id is no longer valid.

iPhone 5c, null

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 2:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 2:27 PM in response to arodtx36

I suspect it is because the apps you have on your iPhone were downloaded from the previous account and now have updates available. In order to update, the iPhone need to sign into the App Store with the older account. If that is the case since you no longer have the password I have found no fix for it other than to add the older account to the Family Share, however in your case, you may need to remove the apps and reinstall them under the new account.

Alternatively, you have services that are still "using" the former ID such as the message app or FaceTime etc in that case, sign in with the new account. Good luck finding the cause.

old apple id keeps popping up and preventing me from updating apps dont remember password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.