Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime not responding

i try to log in with my apple ID and password, but it just keeps loading and never let me log in. how am i supposed to solve this? it happens the same with iMessage

MacBook Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:07 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 7:44 AM in response to mc1690

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved.

1. Quit the application. Force quit if necessary.

Relaunch it by holding down the shift key and clicking its icon. That action will prevent the last window state from being reloaded.

2. If a McAfee "anti-virus" product is installed, remove it by following these instructions.

Note that if you have already tried to uninstall the software, you may have to reinstall it in order to finish the job. If you have a different version of the product, the procedure may be different.

Back up all data before making any changes. Never install any "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software again.

3. If you synchronize Contacts with one or more network services such as iCloud or Google, please disable all the contact accounts in the iCloud and/or Internet Accounts pane of System Preferences. When prompted to confirm, choose to delete the contacts from the Mac. They'll still be on the servers and on your other devices.

Log out or restart the computer.

If the problem is now resolved, re-enable the accounts one at a time, wait for the network contacts to reappear, and test after each step.

Credit for this observation to ASC member tomconrad.

Apr 30, 2016 3:15 AM in response to Linc Davis

first thank for your reply.

i tried to force quit it but when i relaunch it (holding down the shift key and then clicking on its icon) just restarts from the last time, that means that it opens and keeps loading from the list time try to log in. i do not have any anti virus or anti malware installed, neither a McAfee anti virus product. i can t even uninstall FaceTime because OS X doesn't let me to.

facetime not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.