Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Calendar Sync Issues -- only syncs when we add something

My wife and I have a shared calendar on our two iphone6s. IOS is always kept up to date. We use one family shared calendar that we put all of our appointments, events, etc. I also have added my ICloud email to Microsoft outlook if that makes a difference.

Our problem is that if Person A adds an event on their Iphone calendar to the family shared calendar, it will only show up on Person B's shared calendar IF Person B adds an event to the shared calendar. To give a specific example, Person A adds eye appointment for May 25, Person B does not see the eye appointment on the shared calendar until two days later when Person B adds a contractor meeting for June 2nd. As soon as Person B clicks "Add" for the contractor appointment, a notification pops up that Person A added the eye appointment--even though Person A could have done that hours (or days) ago.

In other words, it seems that syncing on the family shared calendar is only happening when we "Add" something to the calendar.

Any ideas on how to fix?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:06 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 9:16 PM in response to fromsouth

Fromsouth: it worked! While we had tried logging out individually in the past I must never have logged out simultaneously. After the simultaneous logout--When I logged back in at first I was very concerned because one phone had two copies of the family calendar and the other phone only had one. But before I could intervene the software had resolved the duplicate calendars on its own. then added an event on both phones and after a couple of seconds it showed on the other!

Family Calendar Sync Issues -- only syncs when we add something

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.