Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini with intel iris underscan

Hello,

I have a mac mini with new Dell P2715Q monitor. The mac mini has always under scanned, leaving a 3/4" black window box around the screen. Is there any way to fix the under scan issue in OS X v 10.11.4? The under scan slider is gone and I have no way to manually adjust the screen. Both the monitor and display preferences are set to automatic. Any manual changes to either do not eliminate the window box. Thank you!

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:15 PM

11 replies

Apr 29, 2016 4:05 AM in response to lllaass

User uploaded file

I know this isn't a true cmd-shift-4 screen grab, but I also wanted to show the unused screen area due to the under scan. This morning I changed the cable from mini-DP/DP to HDMI in the hopes of getting the scale slider to fix this issue. As you can see from the picture, whether I am using an HDMI cable or a display port cable, I am still loosing usable screen due to consistent under scan.

Apr 29, 2016 7:39 AM in response to garyfromrio linda

There is nothing wrong with his display preferences. What the posted is what is display for high resolution monitors. To show what you show canderson42 has to press and hold the Option key and then click on the Scaled line item. canderson42 also has to check the box on that window that says Show low resolution modes to show refresh rate,

Also, canderson42 please take a screenshot

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

of the screen vice take a photo of the scree.

mac mini with intel iris underscan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.