Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Lost my project

Hi i have a problem with my project.
I had 2 stucks with my fcpx 10.2.3 and in the 2nd one i lost my project. I tried to reload my project from: file - open library - from buck up, but now it worst that previous. I am beginer with fcpx but i worked the project about 2 weeks and now i have nothing.... could you help me please? The result is in the picture. Ι appreciate any help.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:02 PM

10 replies

Apr 28, 2016 3:25 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you for your reply. If i understand corecly you meen to delete the back up project and to open again the appliction.

I dont know what is library bundle , now i delete the back up project from the ''libraries'' .

My project was in folder AUSTRIA 600D, and now that folder (event) is emty. and all video files moved (i dont know how) in folder AUSTRIA TIMELAPSE 1.

But i cant find the project.... I m going to lose my mind!!!!!

The difference in my folders (events) is that the main folder AUSTRIA 600D is without the star in front of the folder (WHY?)

what do you meen with '' flexolibrary file to the trash '' Where is the flexolibrary ? Sorry for that, i am begginet in fcp and i dont know a lot yet !

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Apr 28, 2016 3:46 PM in response to skafetzakis

There are two separate problems here I think.

Close the application.

The library is the file with the icon with four stars somewhere on your computer called Austrian Alps 2015. Find it, right-click on it, and select Show package contents. That opens the library bundle. In there is a file called CurrentVersion.flexolibrary file. Move that to the trash. Relaunch the application. May work, may not at this stage.

Second problem Austria Timelapse 1. There's no project in that event. What's the name of the project? How long is the project? Switch to list view so we can see what's in there and you can tell use what's supposed to be in there.

What do you see when you open yesterday's backup?

The drive with the library seems to be New Volume. What kind of drive is it? How is it connected? How is it formatted?

Apr 28, 2016 4:59 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

So i deleted the CurrentVersion.flexolibrary file, reboot the application and now the resut is that n the picture... the folder AUSTRIA 600D is missing

I had only one project, if i remember good the name of the project was AUSTRIA ALPES 2016. I create the project about 2 weeks ago.

In the AUSTRIA TIMELAPSE 1 has mp4 files and now there are video files from folder AUSTRIA 600D (MOV files from canon dslr). This folder does not exist any more. All files are in an external HDD USB3 and the hard disk has NTFS format.

When i opend the yestarday back up i saw all video files but the status was media offline.

User uploaded file

Also look at the folder ''Show package contents '' , there is the folder AUSTRIA 600D and if i open the foler i can see all the original files.

If i delete the CurrentVersion in folder AUSTRIA SEQ (There was the project) is there a possibility to open again the project?

User uploaded file

FCPX Lost my project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.