Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Updating is Being Weird on 6s

I don't have auto updating on. Every now and then I go the App Store to see if any apps need updating. Half of the time, the I press update and it updates. Other times, when I click update on app it will load for a second and then the update button will come back. If I'm lucky, I only have to do this process 4 or 5 times until it actually updates. I either have to keep clicking update, waiting a second, then clicking update again, or I have to close the app store and try again. Also, when I update apps I am always on Wi-Fi. This isn't burdening me, but it gets annoying. My iPad doesn't do this. Is there a way to solve this? Does anyone else have this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 3:42 PM

Have you tried a Forced Restart? Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Then sign out of the iTunes Store and sign back in.

5 replies

Apr 29, 2016 2:32 PM in response to TheReverse

Try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

If still glitching you may have to do a system restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

App Updating is Being Weird on 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.