Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to icloud on my computer

I've been trying to login to icloud on my Toshiba laptop for over a week, and each time it gives me the error message "Verification failed: There was an error connecting to the Apple Id Server". I've not had any problems previously, and icloud seems to be ok on my iphone which is running iOS 9.3.1.

Initially, I thought it was my password, so I changed that, after answering the security questions, and, obviously, I can log in to Apple ok. I am not a techie, so, besides googling, I don't know where to go from here. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 4:38 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 3:19 AM in response to bakand

I'm pleased to report I was finally able to log in to my iCloud this evening. I have been examining the support pages, and followed one in particular : Start, All Programs, iCloud folder, iCloud (icon), which brings up the apps? associated with iCloud. After trying each one (including iCloud drive, I finally clicked on Reminders, and, voila, Apple id and password finally accepted. My photos are safe. I know this probably sounds crazy but I don't think I have iCloud for Windows on my pc?

Can't log in to icloud on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.