Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted everything in finder.

I WAS IN FINDER, DOCUMENTS. I THOUGHT I WAS IN A SPECIFIC FILE, WHEN I SELECTED ALL IN IMAGES AND THREW IN TRASH. I REALIZED I THREW EVERYTHING AWAY. I STARTED PUTTING BACK ONE BY ONE TO FILES I COULD RECOGNIZE. THEN I JUST DECIDED TO SELECT ALL AND PUT BACK IN DOCUMENTS. EVERYTHING SEEMED TO SORT BACK TO EITHER, SPREADSHEET, DEVELOPER, OTHER, IMAGES. BUT NOW NOTHING IS RUNNING THE SAME. NO GOOGLE CHROME, ADOBE. NOTHING IS WORKING AS IT WAS. HOW DO I FIX THIS??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), OS X VERSION 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 5:30 PM in response to millergirl95

Are you running TM, if you are you can restore to a time before it happened. If not, what you did really should not have affected your data and the fact that it affected browser and adobe leads to think that perhaps you also restored to ~/Library also?

It sounds more like some malware crept in. In that case, I'd suggest downloading and running MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC. It gets rave reviews and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac

I accidentally deleted everything in finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.