Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Detune in Layering Channel Strip Instruments

Within a patch in my concert, I am using multiple channel strips with splits and layers. I am unable to understand how to detune these instruments for more dramatic effects (for example, I am making a guitar patch with multiple flavors of guitars in channel strips). I am using MainStage 3. Any help is much appreciated!

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 11:06 AM

Tune within the ESX24 instrument. Name and save your instrument within this page.

User uploaded file

4 replies

May 1, 2016 8:03 PM in response to new2apple_mac__

If I understand your question correctly, you would detune NI Kontakt instruments within the Kontakt GUI. Moving the tune knob changes pitch in half-step increments. To detune in smaller increments, double-click on the value and type in the desired tuning. Access ESX24, Kontakt, or any AU instrument by moving the cursor to the right side of the input box on the channel strip and clicking on the up/down arrows. The instruments menu will appear where you make the selection. One instrument for each channel strip.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 1, 2016 8:11 PM in response to lifenoise

Thank you very much, lifenoise. I really appreciate for your help and effort, especially for taking time to post all the images.

Your original answer to use EXS24 for detuning had already addressed my original issue. However, while using Kontakt, the tuning parameter was changing in semitones only so I didn't know how to get the fine tuning. I never thought of putting a number like 0.17 or so. I was able to find the detuning parameters for other plug-ins/AU Instruments.

Thanks again!

Detune in Layering Channel Strip Instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.